[oletrucks] gas tank restore question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] gas tank restore question
From: varanus@mail.phoenix.net
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:12:06 +0000
Hi:  I have this 58 suburban and the gas tank is in excellent
condition on the outside. But crap keeps coming out of it even after
repeated gas tank treatments.  I don't want to buy another gas tank
if this one is still good.

I was thinking of cutting it neatly in half along the original seam
and cleaning and polishing the inside. Then put on the best coating I
can find - or whatever one would do to bring it back to original
perfectly functioning condition.  And re-welding it back together,
grind the welds and paint it.

I realize that it would take a skilled welder to do this correctly
and I have someone in mind who could do it.

What do you all think?
Eric