[oletrucks] Good Reasons For Timidity On The Part Of Vendors

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Good Reasons For Timidity On The Part Of Vendors
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 22:29:24 EST
        Gwyn Reedy blessed us with two long and thoughtful posts about some of
the
considerations vendors may have dealing with the public and participating on
the computer lists. Gwyn, I will sign on to everything you had to say! I work
50-60 hours a week myself and often am just too tired to do things I know my
business should have, things like figuring out how to work up a web page even
though both of my ISPs provide them at no additional charge. I hate to admit
some of the names I THINK of calling some of the customers I serve.
        I have also seen some terrible abuses of the "bandwidth" by angry
customers
on some of the lists I am on. For whatever reason, this has not happened on
some others, notably Brit-Iron, a list that in other regards can have some
very lively flame wars from time to time.
        I would certainly like to have suppliers join us, but I would not
support any
sort of customer pressure to make them feel squeezed to do so. The reason to
join us is because it is fun and informative and maybe they can even turn a
buck.

Paul O'Neil,
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
Hudson29@aol.com