RE: [oletrucks] Tailgate chaines - help

To: "Oletrucks-email list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Tailgate chaines - help
From: "Andrew Thor" <AndrewThor@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 08:31:05 -0600
On the inside of the tailgate I have two (one on each side) stainless spring
loaded deadbolts much like what would be on a metal cabinet door.  When
extended the deadbolt goes through a hole in the stake pocket area of the
box side.  When retracted it allows the gate to move open or closed without
restrictions.  The spring loading keeps the deadbolt tightly in place when
extended and makes closing the gate easy as you just move the deadbolt out
of the retracted position and it snaps into place.  Just below the deadbolt
on each side of the tailgate I have the attaching "L" bracket for the cable
welded in place.  That bracket is threaded for the stainless bolt that goes
through the cable to hold it in place.  These deadbolts and attaching
brackets are small so they don't stick out like a sore thumb.  I use 1/4
inch stainless bolts and washers to hold the cable in place.  I was worried
that they would be to small but so far they are holding up fine.  I have sat
on the tailgate several times and no problems.  I am 6'2" and 195 lbs. Good
luck!

Andy, 56-3200 see it and other list members trucks by clicking 56 in the
Chevy Showcase box at  http://www.chevytrucks.org/wayne