Re: [oletrucks] Stovebolt Engine Stand Update

To: "Nelson, Jeff - DTC" <jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Stovebolt Engine Stand Update
From: rjj0msj@ix.netcom.com (Rob J.)
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 21:18:22 GMT
Yup, it was me.  And I admire your loyalty, but sometimes I think loyalties can
be misplaced.  Think about this.  Unless NAPA only sells American made, and they
don't, why should they carry an item for $28 when a similar item can be had for
$3.  Could it be that maybe they are themselves more interested in the bottom
line than they are in their customer?  So, although as I said, I admire your
loyalty, perhaps it is one-sided?

I too am a loyal American, and will try to buy Americian too, but there are two
highly uncomplicated tools being sold for such dissimilar prices, something is
not right and needs some further looking into.  (However, in NAPA's defense,
Year One offers a flywheel turner for even more).  I made do with a screwdriver
for the first rebuild, until someone turned me on to a flywheel turner, and I
admit, that they are worth their weight, but not in gold.

Rob