[oletrucks] a few questions.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] a few questions.
From: zorro@pop3.kih.net
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 07:00:22 +0000
Any suggestions on these?

I am reworking my rear bumper, and there are what appear to be "shims" that are
mounted between the mounting brackets and the bumper. They are rather
thin, L-shaped (and rusted away where they mount). I have a spare pair
from the other truck, but had planned on keeping the brackets attached to the
bumpers. Does anyone know their purpose?

---------

And...
When determining the usefulness of spare items, what is a good rule of thumb? I
realize one mans junk is another mans treasure, but...   examples:
I have a chrome grille in only fair shape (it has a crease in the passengers
side)..  is it salvagable???  I would think not, but would hate pitching it if
someone would be able to use it.
Or...
Rear fenders that are rusted out where they mount to the bed.. I would imagine
they would be too difficult to actually fix and use,,, but the rest of the
fenders are in pretty good shape.. I read where someone cut patch panels
out of a fender........  again, not worth much, but would hate to pitch
something that could be of use to someone.

Bert
'58 Apache
http://members.tripod.com/~Chevy_Apache_1958