[oletrucks] Gas gauge question

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Gas gauge question
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 15:34:47 -0800
I'm having a time with my gas gauge.  I've recently installed a new sending
unit, with 1 wire going to the gauge.  The other wire to the gauge, of
course, is a hot wire.  When I hook them up I get nothing.

I bought the gauge this morning, and was told that if my ohm meter showed
continuity between the terminals, it was good.  It does.  I am using a 12 to
6 volt reducer.  I have taken the sending unit out of the tank, and have
moved the float up and down, but the gauge stays on empty.

Anyone had a similar problem that they were able to figure out?

Thanks in advance-

Smokey
'50 3600 5-window