Re: [oletrucks] Gauge Calibration Qs

To: "Allen L. Jones" <ALJ@hartcrowser.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Gauge Calibration Qs
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 13:03:52 -0800
As long as you use compressed air (NOT oxygen- oil+oxygen=VERY BAD), and
don't exceed the gauge's max pressure, I don't see why you couldn't.  A
friend of mine used to calibrate aircraft fuel pressure gauges and
regulators with a similar method (using compressed nitrogen).  Does anybody
else see any problems with this method?

Kevin Lake 56 napco/burb GMC
----------
> From: Allen L. Jones <ALJ@hartcrowser.com>
> To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
> Subject: [oletrucks] Gauge Calibration Qs
> Date: Monday, March 08, 1999 8:33 AM
>
> Can an oil pressure gauge be calibrated with compressed air (GMC gauge
for AD truck)?  I want to see if 40psi on the gauge is really 40psi (or at
least close).  Also, I have an electric GMC temp gauge ('52 I think) that I
want to use (in lieu of the capillary Chev gauge) in my AD truck.  I can't
seem to find the sensor anywhere.  Can anyone point me in the right
direction?  Thanks.