FW: [oletrucks] Gauge Calibration Qs

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: [oletrucks] Gauge Calibration Qs
From: sheldon <sheldon@ssmachine.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 16:45:00 -0800

Sounds to me like it should work just fine, Keep in mind your calibration
will be only as accurate as your air pressure guage is, and I agree about
the oxygen!

  Sheldon  -  '56 4x4

As long as you use compressed air (NOT oxygen- oil+oxygen=VERY BAD), and
don't exceed the gauge's max pressure, I don't see why you couldn't.  A
friend of mine used to calibrate aircraft fuel pressure gauges and
regulators with a similar method (using compressed nitrogen).  Does anybody
else see any problems with this method?

Kevin Lake 56 napco/burb GMC
----------
> From: Allen L. Jones <ALJ@hartcrowser.com>
> To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
> Subject: [oletrucks] Gauge Calibration Qs
> Date: Monday, March 08, 1999 8:33 AM
>
> Can an oil pressure gauge be calibrated with compressed air (GMC gauge
for AD truck)?  I want to see if 40psi on the gauge is really 40psi (or at
least close).  Also, I have an electric GMC temp gauge ('52 I think) that I
want to use (in lieu of the capillary Chev gauge) in my AD truck.  I can't
seem to find the sensor anywhere.  Can anyone point me in the right
direction?  Thanks.