Re: [oletrucks] Radiator Fan Shroud

To: Banjomike@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Radiator Fan Shroud
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 05:52:42 EST
Mike,
Looks like your radiator only has half the capacity of what it should.  Stay
with 15 pound cap.  4 pound cap will let it boil over.  In 1952 they went from
0 to 4 pound cap.  A shroud will help a lot.  If that is insufficient, look
for a bigger rad.
Bob ADler
<<
 I recently (still do) have a problem with the radiator in my bus.  Based on
input from this group, I've pretty much determined that the problem lies in
the size of the radiator ( a few inches shorter that normal, and it has a 2
inch width rather than 3").  Do you think if I put a shroud on and found a 4
pound cap, (currently 15 lbs) this may keep a normal temperature? >>