Re: [oletrucks] new possible clunker law in OR

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] new possible clunker law in OR
From: THE REIDS <reidx4@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 18:39:59 -0800

miq@teleport.com wrote:

> Mike sent this but it bounced, I had little else to do so I'm sending it
> out for him with no H tml.
>
> > From: "Mike Kluth" <mkluth@oregontrail.net>
> > Subject: Oregon Legislature
> >
> > This Bill is trying to eliminate the registrtation of a 1981 vehilce or =
> > older "total" unless it has 1) antique tags 2)Special Interest Vehicle =
> > designation or 3) meets certain emission requirements specified by the =
> > DEQ.  Sounds like a new approach to the clunker type laws to get rid of =
> > all but new cars.
> > Let us all write or Email our local representative=20
> >
> > Web site to find out your local Rep.
> > http://www.leg.state.or.us/rep.html=20
> >
> > Website for Oregon House Bill 3217 & other House Bills
> > gopher://gopher.leg.state.or.us/00/measure.dir/House_Measures/hb3200.dir/=
> > hb3217g.int%09%09%2B
> > =20
> > Status
> > HB 3217 By Representative DEVLIN --  Relating to old motor vehicles.
> > 3-18(H) First reading. Referred to Speaker's desk.
> >         Referred to Transportation.
> >
> > Website to check the status of Oregon House Bills
> > gopher://gopher.leg.state.or.us/00/measure.dir/hsesup.txt%09%09%2B
> >

> > Mike K
> > mkluth@oregontrail.net
> > 55-1
>
> --
> __
> Miq Millman   miq@teleport.com
> Tualatin, OR

  I tried all three of these urls and got nothing, can someone supply better
information?  I would like to read this bill.
As for Miq's idea of sending a letter with all of our e-mail adresses, it sounds
good, let's do it.  I have helped out in some legislative causes and have been
told by people in the know that 500 letters means a whole lot more than 1 letter
with 500 names.  I would therefore urge all members to also write their own
letter on this subject.  Those of us not from Oregon can add something about how
we are taking an interest because it may eventually effect us all.
Can someone from Oregon post an adress where we can send these letters?
TIA

Jim Reid
'53 GMC
Everett, Washington