Re: [oletrucks] 64 Stovebolt for an AD?

To: Hudson29@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 64 Stovebolt for an AD?
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:02:11 -0500
The lack of old trucks you see in Cicago area is probably due to the same reason
you don't see many in the North East. We have a mandatory scrapage program
called
road salt. Any vehicle that may have survived this or has been imported form
another area we don't drive until all remnants of salt are gone in April or May.
Even in the  summer I wish there were more old vehicles on the road in my area,
you start to feel like a quite oddity riding around in a '50.
   About the '64 stovebolt they will not bolt in but I have seen some put in AD
trucks. You will need side mounts and trans mount similar to V-8 or I have heard
of people fabricating a front mount plate that goes under the timming cover.

Grant 50 3100