Re: [oletrucks] Flaring tool

To: cupola2@worldnet.att.net, oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Flaring tool
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 11:48:58 EST
In a message dated 3/24/99 7:27:08 AM Pacific Standard Time,
cupola2@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< I would really like to replace all my brake lines because the truck had
 been sitting in a field for about 15 years.  I could take each brake
 line down and have it made, but I would like to get the experience
 myself at bending them.  I'm looking for a source for a flaring tool
 that will do double flares in stainless????  I've checked local tool and
 auto supply houses here in Sacramento with no luck.  I even called WW
 Grainger and they could not help.  Do you guys have a source or a part #
 that I should be looking for?  Again, thank you very much
 John >>

  Post Tool, Harbor Frieght (two large discount...read foriegn) tool suppliers
will have them.  Higher end (read more expensive) SnapOn, Mac, Matco, will
carry them.  Head down to the local Sears store, although I never looked
there, I'm sure they carry it too.

   Mike