Re: [oletrucks] OIL

To: <zorro@pop3.kih.net>, <Advdesign1@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] OIL
From: "Blaine and Margaret Dumkee" <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 12:41:28 -0700
API service is the small circle on the back of an oil container. I believe
"API" is an organization that sets the standards and rates the oil. The "SJ"
refers to the rating and I believe describes the oil ( anti scuff, anti
wear, anti oxidants, extreme pressure additives, etc). For an oil to meet
"SJ" it must meet certain criteria. SA I think is just oil with no
additives. The second letter started as an "A" and as new oils are developed
the letter increases through the alphabet. "SJ" is the most recent addition.
5 years ago the top rating was SE.

Correct me if I'm wrong.......

Blaine Dumkee
Fort Smith NT