[oletrucks] OIL

To: zorro@pop3.kih.net
Subject: [oletrucks] OIL
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 05:37:46 EST
<<  Should I then use a detergent oil? Or
        stay with the non detergent.

I am extremely adamant that only API service SJ oil be used if you want to
maximize the life of your engine.  I can't stress this too strongly.  Modern
oil has anti scuff, anti wear, anti oxidants, extreme pressure additives, and
a lot of other goodies that keep an engine trucking along.  Oil engineers all
recommend it.  Some backyard mechanics haven't woken up yet.
Bob ADler