Re: [oletrucks] valve adjustment

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] valve adjustment
From: Wayne Osborne <wcosborne@inetnow.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 11:54:13 -0500
The adjustment is made when the valve is fully closed, i usually just
let the engine warm up and adjust them on the fly with the engine running.
Just back off the adjustment till the rocker arm clatters and tighten back
down 1/2 turn--Of course this is the shade tree mechanics way.......
Wayne

At 08:11 AM 3/24/99 -0800, you wrote:
>I'm using a 1954 Truck Shop Manuel as a reference to adjust the valves
>on  my '54 3100.  All that I can find is to make sure the engine is
>sufficiently warmed up.  Doesn't the position of the piston (TDC) come
>in to play also?
>Thank you,
>John

---------
                 http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne
For a quick view of oletrucks mailing list members trucks go to:
         http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne/member.html