Re: [oletrucks] valve adjustment

To: mwsnow@home.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] valve adjustment
From: "ROGER GLEASON" <rogerg@maverick.facil.uconn.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 12:29:30 -500
Great Idea Mike that way you could set cold every time.....However to
those of us who like to warm up our hands or have to work in the cold
there is a way to adjust the chevy V8 running hot....If you can find
an old valve cover slice it down the center of the top and at each
end like an "I----I" then bend out the tabs to form splash
trays,install on one side after slowing idle down , adjust the valves
and when finished switch to the other side....You should shut off the
engine when installing to keep the mess down..... I glue a gasket to
the old valve cover so it remains on the cover when switching and
seals the cover to the head when adjusting valves. Works for
hydraulic and solid lifters.

rogerg
51-3100 stocker