[oletrucks] heater core

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] heater core
From: "dave riffel" <cafe_dave@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 16:07:29 PST
Hi all,

Does anyone know where a good heater core may be obtained?  I've checked
all the catalogs I have and tried a few parts stores.  The best I could
come up with was the potential of recoring my old one at a radiator
shop.

My heater came out of a '52 or '53 in a junkyard in Montana (complete
under $50, and it worked for several months!).  The data plate on the
back of it identifies it as a heater manufactured by Harrison out of
Lockport NY, model# H-02-47.  I need to find a core fairly rapidly as my
truck will be back on the road soon (hopefully!) and I'm headed back to
Montana in 4 weeks.  The heater will be very nice.

Can these old heater cores be recored?  This one is unlike more modern
cores I've seen in that it is a double core unit.  I sure appreciate any
knowledge you folks might be able to share.  Thanks a bunch!

Dave Riffel