Re: [oletrucks] heater core

To: dave riffel <cafe_dave@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] heater core
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 22:03:49 -0500
I had fresh air type recored at a local shop that had done good work for me
before on regular radiators. It turned out to be a disaster. He used a tube
and fin type. It looks like plates were stacked up, separated with spacers
and then pierced with tubes, then the spacers removed. Between him making it
too long and then it leaking I had to bring it back numerous times. It's in
now and not leaking but seems very inefficient. Although all my hoses get
very hot leading to and from the heater the heat is luke warm at best. I
assume this type of construction is not the most efficient.

Grant 50 3100