[oletrucks] hot wire

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] hot wire
From: LLFUR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 10:05:28 EST
Help please...
Has anyone experienced a wire getting too hot and seemed to have started to
melt? The wire from my 12v generator that connects to the vol regulator gets
extremely hot. The wire from the vol reg to the starter is also very hot. I
only noticed this after driving for approx 30 minutes when the truck began to
hessitate.  I recently replaced the 12 volt battery with a new one. Could this
have possibly caused this problem? The wiring harness was new and installed 2
yrs ago. Truck had been running fine until now.

Thanks in advance,
Gene
50 1/2 ton Chevrolet