[oletrucks] alternate location for master cylinder

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] alternate location for master cylinder
From: varanus@mail.phoenix.net
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 12:39:00 +0000
Hi: does anyone have any ideas on where I might mount a late model
brake master cylinder on my 51 chevy deluxe?

I swapped out the original frame for an 82 3/4 ton 4x4 chevy with a
4 bolt 350.  I am wondering what experience anyone on the list has
had with using the late model engine compartment master cylinder
with the original brake pedals.   I would rather have the double
piston master but don't know how to link it up to the existing
brake linkage.

Also, I have not set the 350 in yet nor have I done any measurements
but, and this is probably an easy question, will it fit in the 51
engine compartment without having to bash in the firewall.  I hope
so.

I drove this truck stock for 11 years. Rather than install a napco
unit or try and retrofit late model axels, TC, etc - I elected to
swap out the entire chassis and drivetrain to facilitate a solid,
long lasting conversion to 4wd, 3/4 ton with a V8.  I can always
change it back.

Thanks for your help.
Eric Pesci