Re[2]: [oletrucks] Request for info...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re[2]: [oletrucks] Request for info...
From: Lewis Osborn <losborn@teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 20:25:24 -0700
Friday, April 23, 1999, 1:53:27 PM, EEHodges wrote:

> I'm one of the loyal Obsolete Customers - great service and reasonable
> prices.

> I too am about to make the bed wood decision. I see that one vendor (I think
> it was Truck Shop) offers "Apitong" wood that is supposed to be what is used
> in commercial trucks. I looked it up on some web sites and appears to be a
> good alternative thougth not original (original is black anyway and most
> people finish the wood a lot nicer). Anyone used "Apitong"?

My father-in-law worked as a mechanic for Consolidated Freight for years, and
every once in a while he'd bring home some scraps of wood used in the trailer
beds.  It was a reddish color, quite heavy, and hard as iron.  He called it
"apeton" without the "g."  I was just thinking the other day that I'd like to
find some of that wood for the bed of The Forty.  I'd be interested to know
how you come out.

Lewis - K7LVO - Medford - Valley of the Rogue - OR
The Forty - 1940 Chevy Pickup - One Owner
http://www.teleport.com/~losborn/1940.html