Re: [oletrucks] Trailering vs. High Cube Truck Rental

To: "Jeremy Eastman" <jeastman@appliedtheory.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Trailering vs. High Cube Truck Rental
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 09:16:13 -0700
The only problem you might have is the over-all height of the Napco
Suburban.  Overall height on these is listed at 79.6"  You may have to go
to a really big cube van to make it fit.  Also, if you do decide to go this
route.  Rather than trying to find loading ramps, find a place that has a
the level from a flat, concrete pad than it is up a set of flexy ramps.
The local freight office used to let us use their dock (after business
hours, due to the amount of traffic).  Good luck with it.

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco

----------
> From: Jeremy Eastman <jeastman@appliedtheory.com>
> To: oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
> Cc: varanus@mail.phoenix.net
> Subject: [oletrucks] Trailering vs. High Cube Truck Rental
> Date: Wednesday, May 05, 1999 8:15 AM
>
> I looked into this some when I almost bought a '55 NAPCO sub for for
$3500
> in Kansas (and I hope somebody on the list ended up getting it).  One
> option to at least look into is what the load/size capacity is of those
> heavy-duty "high-cubes" you can rent from Ryder or U-Haul.  After looking
> into their trailer prices and capacity, one of their reps mentioned
renting
> one of their full-size cube/moving trucks, driving/pushing the '55
Suburban