Re: [oletrucks] question about wax...

To: "Kathy Bray" <thistle@midcoast.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] question about wax...
From: "Kevin D. Pennell" <pennellkd@f-a-s-t.net>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 17:31:34 -0400
Kathy

    I've done something similar.  Wet sanded with 600, then really diluted
some polishing compound with water.  Used a buffing pad on my 3/8 drive
drill and polished it out. Then applied about 8 coats of turtle wax.  Shined
like a new penny.  I mean "really" looking good.  Be careful and don't sand
it too much. You're taking off paint and you'll hit primer or metal easily
on the edges.  The problem is that the sun will fade it in a heartbeat as
you've removed a lot of the pigment.  It's great for a short term fix.  New
paint job will be in order.  Mine lasted about a year in the Texas sun, and
I waxed it EVERY weekend to make it last that long.  Your choice.

Kevin
59' Apache 38/NAPCO