[oletrucks] Brake connections

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Brake connections
From: David Ault <dlault@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 17:57:53 -0700
Hi,

I am getting ready to hook up the brake lines on my truck. I have disk
front & drum rear with power dual master cylinder. I have an adjustable
proportioning valve and residual valve for both front and rear. The
master cylinder will be mounted under the floor.

I am not sure how to hook up the master cylinder. There are two outlets,
one that normally has a 1/4" tube and is closest to the power booster,
and one that normally has a 3/16" line, furthest from the power booster.
This is a late 70's Chevy master cylinder for disk/drum combination.
Which one of these outlets is for the front disks and which one for the
rear drums?

Also, should the residual valve for the rear go between the proportioning
valve and the wheel cylinders, or between the proportioning valve and the
master cylinders?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave