Re: [oletrucks] Brake connections

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brake connections
From: David Ault <dlault@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 21:05:41 -0700
Thanks to all who replyed on my question of how to hook up the brake
lines. Based on the suggestions I am planning to do the following:

Hook the outlet with the 1/4" tube (closet to the power booster) to the
rear, and the outlet that has the 3/16" tube to the front. This is
because the reservoir with the smaller diameter outlet is the larger of
the two, so should go to the disk.

I am not using the factory type of distribution valve, but an adjustable
proportioning valve for the rear, and seperate residual valve, 10lb for
the drums and 2 lb for the disk. These I will hook up close to the output
of the master cylinder. Now the only question is if I need a metering
valve, but since I have never seen these advertised anywhere, I assume
that they are not usually needed. Once I get this hooked up and running,
I will see how it works. If I can't get the brakes adjusted, I can always
redo the hook up. After all, you never really finish a project like this,
do you?

Thanks,

Dave
1950 3100