RE: [oletrucks] Wire Conduits

To: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Wire Conduits
From: "Ted Timmons" <tedt@colubs.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 10:17:09 -0700
Those came out a couple years ago. Good idea, I think, but I love to crank
on the radio with the door open. If you're using those, no door speakers. On
my "bigtruck", I took the biggest speaker wire I could find and spent 4
hours trying to get it threaded through some 1/2" gas line. I bored out 1/2"
holes in the doors and in the cab (all hidden), then pushed the gas line
into those holes. That protects the wire, keeps the wire from needing to be
spliced, and all you can see is a 1/2" black line going into each door. You
only see it when the doors are open, of course.

I'm into conventional solutions, the radio is over 10 years old. No big
Kenwood or Rockford Fosgate or any of those new-fangled thumpers for me. I'd
rather have a "thumpin" engine.

--
Ted Timmons            Web Administrator
tedt@colubs.com                     JAPH