Re: [oletrucks] fuel economy and questions

To: Samuel Quincy <samuelquincy@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] fuel economy and questions
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 16:03:37 -0400
 Borg Warner OD 3 speed was an option for Task Force. I personally feel you
would be better with a 3.90 rear if you use OD. The OD option came with a 4.10
rear. I found it gets sluggish in OD around 50 even with the 3.90 and you have
to shift into direct drive for hills or loose some speed. The saginaw three
speed OD made in the 60's will fit also with mods  to shifter arms. You may also
have to change front yoke on drive shaft with either trans. Watch for these at
swap meets or on the net.

Grant 50 3100