Re: [oletrucks] I bought a 57 dump truck

To: STMSymank@aol.com, Summitenterprises@email.msn.com,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] I bought a 57 dump truck
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 02:07:36 EDT
In a message dated 5/16/99 10:58:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
STMSymank@aol.com writes:

<< and you didn't.  It was in the paper and I went out to look and it is a
POS
 but I negotiated with him and walked out knowing my wife would kill me if I
 bought something like this.  It has six respectable tires and a two speed
 rearend.  A twin cylinder hoist ,and a real nice homemade battery box. That
 is all the good news.  The bad news is that the two speed rearend doesn't
 work and the bed wood is rotten, and the cross pieces and outside edge bed
 metal is all shot.  The windshield looks like the neighborhood kids are all
 well armed, the cab step on the drivers side is the free flow air model, and
 is not as bad as the bottom hinge.  The left front fender is crushed, and
the
 doors are both smashed in as well as the windows broken.
    The seat is the bare spring model and the brake pedal smashes to the
floor
 with no effort.  The side of the block is slathered with JB weld, and it
took
 ten starts with starting fluid to get enough compression going to maintain
 rotational momentum. There is no aircleaner , the battery dies out overnight
 and the plates are expired. Other than that its a pretty nice truck.
    So I came home and worked dilligently to finish a hutch for my wifes
 teacups  and tea pots.  Mission complete, and now I can do no wrong.  So I
 have just hung up from telling the guy I'd buy it.  Of course my wife has
not
 seen it, and knows nothing of this brilliant purchase.
    Pray for me
   Stan the man
   56 napco chev 1/2 ton
   57 2.5 ton
   Newberg oregon >>

   I'd like to say it sounds like fun, but it sounds more like work :)....,
but I sure did enjoy reading the description.

  Mike