Re: [oletrucks] Trans fluid in gas?

To: Lane495@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Trans fluid in gas?
From: Thomas Allen <thomasa@halcyon.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 05:21:22 -0700
I have done this on both gas and diesels and it does work. Much cheaper
than snake oil. Don't do this on a car with an oxygen sensor, though. There
are detergents in ATF that disolve the varnish and olephins (sp) in the gas
tank, fuel lines and carb or fuel injectors. You will notice the difference
right away.

Tom Allen
51 3800

At 07:20 AM 5/19/99 -0400, Lane495@aol.com wrote:
>My local mechanic recommended putting a quart of transmission fluid in a
full
>tank of gas.  His theory on this was that it cleaned the carburetor, valves
>and would ultimately lead to a smoother running engine.  Has anyone ever
>heard of this? Thanks in advance.
>
>Patricia
>'56 Sedan Delivery (Half-breed)

Tom Allen