Re: [oletrucks] Trans fluid in gas?

To: <Lane495@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Trans fluid in gas?
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 09:02:53 -0700
I have heard about doing that just before you have to have a car/truck smog
checked.  I don't know as I would want to do it all the time.  I am not
sure what it would do, all though, I can't imagine it is any worse than
running that alcohol/gas blend that they sell some places.  My Dad used to
put Marvel's Mystery Oil into the gasoline on the deck engines on some of
the equipment (cable tool drilling rig, generators, hydraulic power units,
etc).  It always claimed to be an "upper cylinder lubricant".  I don't know
if it ever did anything, but most of those motors (Continental, Red-Ball,
and GMC industrial motors) have wore out a Hobb's meter or two.  Just my
.02$ worth. ;^)

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco