[oletrucks] Transporting trucks

To: <oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Transporting trucks
From: "Tayrien, Richard - MIH" <rtayrie@chw.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 17:27:47 -0700

I am getting ready to haul my 52 1/2 ton GMC from Oklahoma to Arizona next
week.  The trailer I am renting has load limits of not greater than 4,055
lbs.,  wheelbase no greater than 125", maximum width of 79" and a minimum
width between the tires of 42".  From what I can see I am Ok on the weight.

I found a referenced curb weight of 3095 lbs
                        wheelbase of 115"

                                        but I can't find a maximum or
minimum width referenced.

 Could someone check a 1/2 ton AD for me to see if I will be able to get it
on the trailer without any problems.  It hasn't been running for about 8
years so I will try to winch it on the trailer.  It is sitting in Mom's
backyard with the tires buried about 8 to 12 inches so I will no doubt need
a come-a-long and a jack.  I just pray the ground is dry.

Any other suggestions from those of you that have transported these trucks.

Thanks
Dick Tayrien

rtayrie@chw.edu
richardtayrien@home.com