Re: [oletrucks] Octane inquiry/ Lead additive

To: MarkNoakes@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Octane inquiry/ Lead additive
From: Mushgilday@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 19:37:36 EDT

                            How critical is it for these old engines to be
fueled with lead additives? Is the overall performance diminished if only
using an 87 octane with nothing added? I've been running my 235 for a year
now and have yet to mix anything in with a fillup. Lately I have noticed a
slight hint of exhaust smoke which was not the case last year. Oil is changed
frequently and it's been tuned up lately. Any recommendations on the use of
lead mixtures in the gas?   Thanks

 Mike Gilday
59 Apache Fleetside 3200