[oletrucks] 54-235?

To: "'oletrucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 54-235?
From: MIKE RAHL <MRAHL@martinmartin.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 07:53:51 -0600
Hello,
This past Sunday I pulled the motor out of my 46 1/2 ton.  It has a 235.
The casting number on the motor is I214 (September 21, 1954).  I was
under the impression that all of the 53-54 235's were of the older water
pump style where the pump rises above the block deck.  On this motor the
top of the pump does not rise above the deck and is in the same place as
the 235 which is in my 56 (original motor).  Does anyone have any
insight on this?
Thanks,

Mike