RE: [oletrucks] 54-235?

To: trks@javanet.com
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 54-235?
From: MIKE RAHL <MRAHL@martinmartin.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 11:30:16 -0600
Grant, et al:
Yes it is the cast date code above the starter, not the casting #.  A
couple of other things I have questions about.  My carb is a Rochester
BC (C=automatic choke) and has a factory heat riser setup from the
exhaust manifold.  Would this have come out of a car?  I didn't think
that truck carbs came with auto chokes.  I had a slightly bent pushrod
so I purchased a new one from NAPA.  The man asked me if it was a
powerglide transmission - told him no.  Now powerglide 235's had
hydraulic lifters correct?  were the pushrods different for these?  The
pushrod I bought matches the existing ones.
Mike