Re: [oletrucks] 54-235?

To: MRAHL@martinmartin.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 54-235?
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 06:05:06 EDT
In a message dated 06/03/99 10:12:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
MRAHL@martinmartin.com writes:

<< The casting number on the motor is I214 (September 21, 1954).  I was
 under the impression that all of the 53-54 235's were of the older water
 pump style >>

Blocks were aged for a time outdoors before they were machined.  I don't know
how long tis process took, but suspect the heavy volume of production cut
this step short.  Anyway, it's usual to have a block 3-6 months older than
the asembled truck.
Bob ADler