Re: [oletrucks] 235 Rear Main Seal

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 235 Rear Main Seal
From: Jeff Davis <jsd51@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 14:11:40 PDT
Paul,

     I replaced the rear main in my 235 without removing the crank. First I
removed the rear main bearing and the two center bearings and losened the
front one. You can raise the rear of the crank just enough to push the old
seal out. But be sure not to raise it so high that you pull the rings on the
pistons out of the cylinder walls. Prop the crand up with something then
using something flexible but stiff enough you can push the old seal out. I
used a electricians fish tape. Be carefull not to scar the area around the
seal. Then I just rolled the new seal in. This worked considering I took out
a rope seal and replaced it with a rubber one. I would imagine you could
just reverse the process for the front seal. Also be very careful to put
your bearings back on EXACTLY the same way they came off and of course pay
attention to torque specs.

Good Luck
Jeff Davis
'51 custom