[oletrucks] Lost key help! - not OLETRUCK!

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Lost key help! - not OLETRUCK!
From: "Rob J." <rjj0msj@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 09:48:51 -0700
I have managed to lose my keys to my 1970 Buick skylark and hope someone can
offer a suggestion on how to proceed.  Since I don't have the key to the
column ignition switch, I can not unlock the steering wheel or put it in
neutral.  I do have access to the interior though, and can remove the
steering wheel to get access to the inside of the column.  Can I get a key
made if I don't have the key code number?  If not, then I guess the only
other option is to replace the ignition switch.  If this is necessary, can
this be done without a key (ie. is the key necessary to enable removal of
the switch)?

While I'm at it, is it possible to have the door key (or door switch)
modified to allow one key to work both the ignition AND the door locks?

Thanks,

Rob