Re: [oletrucks] Drive line noises

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Drive line noises
From: AKAMF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 00:49:31 EDT
In a message dated 7/10/99 2:38:30 PM PST, crankit@fcmail.com writes:

<< s this on the input pinion gear shaft?, that is what I understand it to
be. My 1 ton has a similar setup on the rear axle at the hubs, it is a press
on dish / dust cover I suppose, and mine is also loose, no problem, for I was
able to drive it back on vry snug and true. In your case, with it being on
the pinion shaft, and your diff. being together, not so easy right?  >>

Yep, it looks like it is to protect the seal on the pumpkin. Doesn't look
like anything to worry about.  It doesn't look like something I can do
correctly wiithout taking the diff apart.  Not Today.
Brian