Re: [oletrucks] Runnig Hot

To: trks@javanet.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Runnig Hot
From: "ROGER GLEASON" <rogerg@maverick.facil.uconn.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 15:36:09 -500
> Date:          Tue, 06 Jul 1999 15:32:41 -0400
> From:          Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
> To:            oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
> Subject:       [oletrucks] Running Hot

> Seems like I have lot's of questions since I got my truck back on the
> road. I did some highway driving today in 100 degree heat and noticed
> the truck ran about 200 and still creeping up  up a little after about a
> half hour at highway speed. Got off the highway and it went back to
> 185/190. I run a 180 thermostat. When you shut it down or sit stopped it
> goes to 212 but doesn't boil over. Are these temps normal in this
> weather?
>
> TIA
>
> Grant 50 3100

I have found that after it has warmed up and the thermostat has
opened that the bottom hose to the radiator sometimes collapses when
the rpm increase... check it by revving it up and watching the hose...
see if it bends or collapses any.... Sometimes the inside spring has
corroded away or is missing. After shutting it down the temp always
goes up ... the new cars will do that and the electric fan will come
on well after you have left the vehicle. This is normal...A new
thermostat may also be the solution to the problem if it hasn't been
changed out recently...The radiator may need to be cleaned and rodded
out by a radiator repair shop...

Rogerg
51-3100 AD Stocker