Re: [oletrucks] Accelerator Linkage, Trans Mount

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Accelerator Linkage, Trans Mount
From: WR Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:01:07 -0400
Paul, in addition to Bill's good tips, I'd add that you can purchase a
GM throttle mount that will work from Summit or Jegs.
       http://www.summitracing.com  for a free catalog.
       http://www.jegs.com  for a free catalog.

I think Jegs has more linkage and parts specifically for Edelbrocks.
What they have are the chrome brackets that attach to the rear carb
mounting bolt, and have the hole to fit the GM throttle linkage. Also
they will have the mount for the tranny kick down cable.  This is the
set-up I have on my 72 Malibu, Edelbrock 600 CFM carb, and 350/TH350.
Or you can scrounge a stcok one off a GM.  You may have to do some
crative bending/drilling to mount it somewhere.  Sometimes the intake
manifold has a hole specifically for this bracket.  I have not had any
bad experiences with sticking throttle cables, but Bill's suggestion to
find a newer version might have merit.

Yes I'd just find a way to bolt the tranny cross member to a bracket or
directly to the rails, so you can remove it easily if needed.  I'll be
doing this to my 53 shortly, and am already figuring on some sort of
bracket fabrication to bolt in the cross member.  I hadn't planned on
any existing holes being conveniently available...I'm not that lucky!

Wally / Templeton, MA
53 3100 rod project