[oletrucks] Muncie Trannys

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Muncie Trannys
From: Gary Stutz <gary@mx.serv.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 09:29:54 -0700
Hey Guys-

I'm getting ready to put a 300 HP crate small block in my 56 1/2 ton
panel truck. Does anyone know what the gear ratios are on the Muncie
four speed? I've thought about a Saginaw, because the shifter kits from
Patricks work well, but I'm not sure if the Saginaw can handle the
torque of the new engine. I've seen references to to a 'rock crusher'
four speed in the hot rod world. Are these trannys Muncies?

TIA for the experience and time of the group.

Gary Stutz