RE: [oletrucks] What About A Ford?

To: Passnb4U@aol.com, Hudson29@aol.com
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] What About A Ford?
From: MIKE RAHL <MRAHL@martinmartin.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 15:02:11 -0600
Mike,

I think you may have misunderstood me a bit.  The motor which is going in my
46 is going to be a GM 292 inline 6.  The motor that was in this truck when
I bought it 22 years ago was a 55 235 and not the original 216.  This was
one of many reasons I have decided to make this my rod project and not keep
it original.  I am currently rebuilding the 235 which came out of the 46 and
am warming it up to go into my 56 - .060 over bore, hotter cam, 9:1
compression, larger intake valves (50-52 PG valves), stiffer valve springs,
tubular pushrods, all new rockers and shafts, Clifford intake, small 4
barrel carb (Carter WCFB from a 54 Buick), Fenton headers.  I should have it
back from the machinist next week!  The goal is to make a somewhat period
looking 235 hot rod motor.

The reason I wasn't satisfied with keeping the 235 in the 46 is that it
simply doesn't have enough performance potential for my goals with this
truck.  I decided to go with an I6 292 rather than a 350 because I wanted to
stay inline.

I stated I wouldn't do it myself, but I would have no problem with someone
putting a Ford motor in a Chevy.

Regards,

Mike
Inliner #2929