Re: [oletrucks] What About A Ford?

To: MRAHL@martinmartin.com, Hudson29@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] What About A Ford?
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 17:55:52 EDT
MRAHL@MARTINMARTIN.COM writes:

<< Mike,

 I think you may have misunderstood me a bit.  The motor which is going in my
 46 is going to be a GM 292 inline 6.  The motor that was in this truck when
 I bought it 22 years ago was a 55 235 and not the original 216.  This was
 one of many reasons I have decided to make this my rod project and not keep
 it original.  I am currently rebuilding the 235 which came out of the 46 and
 am warming it up to go into my 56 - .060 over bore, hotter cam, 9:1
 compression, larger intake valves (50-52 PG valves), stiffer valve springs,
 tubular pushrods, all new rockers and shafts, Clifford intake, small 4
 barrel carb (Carter WCFB from a 54 Buick), Fenton headers.  I should have it
 back from the machinist next week!  The goal is to make a somewhat period
 looking 235 hot rod motor.

 The reason I wasn't satisfied with keeping the 235 in the 46 is that it
 simply doesn't have enough performance potential for my goals with this
 truck.  I decided to go with an I6 292 rather than a 350 because I wanted to
 stay inline.

 I stated I wouldn't do it myself, but I would have no problem with someone
 putting a Ford motor in a Chevy.

 Regards,

 Mike
 Inliner #2929