Re: [oletrucks] Task Force Radios

To: Ralph Linnell <ChevySix@seatac.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Task Force Radios
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 17:16:57 -0400
Ralph ( and others),
  I checked out the link you gave and I have the 2nd option they list, FM
conversion in my AD radio. They circuit board looks just like the one they
install. It works at they say and also gives you more volume than the stock AM.
While I didn't expect it to sound like their third option I have a problem with
the sensitivity of it. Unless you live somewhere close to stations you  may be
disappointed as I have trouble receiving anything in fringe areas. When I get
close to Hartford on my commutes it comes in fine. It does also suffer from
drift as it warms up but this I could live with. After also converting the
radio to 12 volts I have a few bucks invested but I'm thinking of putting a
modern remote controlled radio in the glove box with speakers under the dash
and/or behind the seat. I don't think I could bring myself to gut a radio to
put modern electronics in unless it was already trashed as in unrepairable.

Grant 50 3100