[oletrucks] Block Heater???

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Block Heater???
From: wayne sellers <architectmsu@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 22:10:03 -0700 (PDT)
Hello again,

    Winter arrived this week in Montana.  It was 87
degrees last Thursday, we had Fall Friday and
Saturday, and it has snowed the last two days!!
    Along with winter comes my latest worry with the
Green Behemoth.  My wife's SUV, being the better
vehicle (read; newer, foreign, and whimpier) gets the
garage.  So I'm left with trying to crank over old GB
in sub-zero temps.
    I was talking to a guy about this a while back and
he said that there was an alternative to installing a
block heater.  I can't remember what he called it but
you apparently install it inline with your radiator or
heater hose and it circulates and heats the water.
     Do any of you have a clue as to where I could
even find one?  Are they any good or would an old
fashioned block heater be fine?  And, if you tell me
to go with the block heater, where can I get a good
one fairly cheap?

    Thanks for any help and/or insight!  I really
enjoy reading the articles and gleaning any
information I can from the list.  I just wish I had
more to contribute.

PS
  The engine is a newer 350 if that matters.

Wayne

  '59 3600  "The Green Behemoth"