[oletrucks] Welding/Welder Question

To: "'Chevy Trucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Welding/Welder Question
From: Paul Blosser <paulblosser@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 07:38:00 -0500
I got the truck completeley off the frame this weekend and the frame is
about ready to go to the sandblaster -- maybe tomorrow!

Anyway, I've been looking around at MIG welders and also thinking about
other options for welding patch panels, etc.  I hear that MIG is great
but I already have a Lincoln Arc welder and a Campbell-Hausfield Flux
Core Wire welder (I should have saved my money and bought a MIG when I
bought it), but don't think I need three welders.

Does anyone have any experience with the stitch welder and the spot
welder that Eastwood or JC Whitney sells?  These hook up to a standard
arc welder and use the lower amperages to weld sheet metal.  I'd
appreciate your insight.  If I 'have' to buy a MIG I will and probably
see if I can get rid of the CH welder.  I think I'd like to keep the
Lincoln as there's always something big around here that needs welded.
Also, has anybody used the auto-darkening helmets.  What do you think,
what is a good brand and where is the best place to buy.

Thanks,

Paul Blosser
1954 3100