Re: [oletrucks] brake problem

To: Max Power <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] brake problem
From: Bill Bailey <billb@gamewood.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 09:18:37 -0500
I had a case of "exciting brakes" on my 57 a few years ago. Turns out what
happened
was that the boot on the master cylinder had deteriorated, fallen off and the
grunge
apparently got inside the cylinder wearing out some seals. At any rate I fooled
around with adding fluid til one day I turned into the parking lot of my
workplace
and heard that dreaded THUNK as the pedal hit the floor. Fortunately the
parking lot
was empty because I quickly became NASCAR's oldest Craftsman Truck series
participant as I turned laps in the parking lot to scrub off the speed. ;-)

Bill

--
Bill Bailey
http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck/