Re: [oletrucks] Replacing Door Weatherstripping

To: Hudson29@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Replacing Door Weatherstripping
From: Jay Duncanson <jay@duncanson.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 20:00:52 -0800
Paul -

Perfect timing! We must be running in sync. As I read your piece, my
door is off and up on the sawhorses. Yesterday I sprayed on the
Rustoleum 7272, and I'm ordering the rubber weatherstripping next.
Your experience as shared with the list should make my experience
much easier.

Two questions:

1) Would it make sense to glue the two ends of the rubber together
BEFORE starting, and then installing it around the door, as if
stretching a rubber band? Perhaps it could be stretched around the
door a couple of inches away from it's proper location, the adhesive
could be installed, and when tacky the rubber strip could be moved to
its proper position. Does that make sense to you, since you've gone
thru the exercise?

2) Do you recommend using the clear coat over the color? Did you
choose the Rustoleum Crystal Clear Enamel (number 7701), or a
different one?

Thanks....

Jay