Re: [oletrucks] an introduction

To: "Dan Wilkin" <msfandan@home.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] an introduction
From: "Norm" <dahorse@jvlnet.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 10:28:20 -0600
> hello - I have just signed up for this mailing list and here is why. I am
in
> the process of buying a 1951 gmc aluminum bodied stepvan. it is totally
> stock top to bottom. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on
> subjects such as.........6 volt or 12 volt?, keep the original engine /
> transmission / etc. or swap for a modern 6 cyl. or small block? I look
> forward to your responses to these questions and the many more that are
sure
> to follow. of course if I am in the wrong place don't be afraid to say
> so....perhaps there is a website / mailing list better suited to my
vehicle
> and needs, any suggestions?
> Dan Wilkin
> Victoria BC

Dan.....welcome to the list....I am new here myself, but I have to tell ya
these are a great bunch of guys here....they know there stuff and are very
free with advice and knowledge of these great old trucks! So welcome and
enjoy!

As for that step van you are buying...does it look anything like the one in
this picture?
http://emerald.jvlnet.com/%7entbdra/c3.JPG

I realize that yours is a GMC....but I was wondering more about the van body
part of it?  Thanks!

Norm