Re: [oletrucks] an introduction

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] an introduction
From: "Terry S. Glines" <ace0027@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 21:16:33 -0600

> I am in
> the process of buying a 1951 gmc aluminum bodied stepvan. it is totally
> stock top to bottom. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on
> subjects such as.........6 volt or 12 volt?, keep the original engine /
> transmission / etc. or swap for a modern 6 cyl. or small block?

    Well you'll get lots of answers for this one! But if it was my choice I
would definitly ditch the original motor and tranny. I've been to shows, rod
runs, and rode with original powered trucks. Although I can see the attraction,
was never impressed with the daily driven, performance needed. Or better
said...wanted
    But I am very interested in your project, due to the fact I've been thinking
along the same lines. Building somthing I could use as a work truck. I have a
irragation service company.
    Looking for a ole DIVCO, but would love to see a picture of yours. Can't
really picture what it looks like.
    But you are definitly in the right place!

Terry and Ace